|The Power of Six|
| Preceded by|
I Am Number Four
| Followed by|
The Rise of Nine
|“||I can feel it in my bones that he is one of us. And I know somehow, that I must find him.||”|
SarahThe Power of Six, is the second book of Lorien Legacies series. It was realeased on August 23, 2011. This book introduces Number Seven as a narrator. The story alternates between Number Four, Number Six, and Sam's search for the other members of the remaining Loric Garde and Number Seven's life at the convent.
I’ve seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he’s a mystery. But to me . . . he’s one of us.
Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We’re hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we’ll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I’ve been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.
I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.
And I’m ready to fight.
- Number Four/John Smith - John Smith is back on the run, and this time he is not only running away from the mogadorians, he is running away from the police too. He and Henri are blamed for the destruction of Paradise High School and killing five people. This is the first time he is on the run without Henri, his cepan. He misses Henri and he misses Sarah too who he was forced to leave behind. But he is confused about the feelings he is starting to develop about Six.
- Number Six - Number Six is travels with John and Sam to find the other numbers. Along the way she trains with John and Sam and starts to develop feelings for both of them. When they discover another Number is in Spain and she is in trouble she travels to Spain alone to help her.
- Number Seven/Marina - One of the children to escape Lorien during the mogadorian invasion. She and her cepan are hiding in a convent in Santa Teresa, Spain. Her cepan has given up on the loric cause and refuse to train her, but she doesn't give up. Her hopes are renewed when she reads an article about John Smith. Her legacies are underwater breathing, night vision and healing.
- Sam Goode - John's best friend from Paradise, Ohio and ally. He travels with John and Six in a bid to find his father, who went missing years before, and also develops a crush on Six. He and John later went to the Mogadorian mountain base where they find Number Nine, during their escape Sam was swarmed by Mogs and was left behind. His fate was unknown from this point.
- Bernie Kosar - John's Chimaera/pet. He travels with John, Six and Sam to find the other loric. He helps them fight when they are attacked by mogadorians.
- Adelina - Number Seven's cepan. She gives up on the loric cause and refuses to train her garde. But in the end she realises her duties and sacrifices her life to save Marina.
- Sarah Hart - Her life in Paradise after John left becomes miserable. She loses her High School along with many of her friends and the FBI is watching her every move. She asks John to take her with him when he comes back to see her. When he refuses she suspects that John is cheating on her with Six.
- Number Nine - The ninth member of the Garde He made his first appearance in the climax of the book. He was held captive by the Mogadorians, but was freed and help fought them with Four and Sam. His legacies include Antigravity, Legacy transference and Telekinesis.
- Ella - A seven year old girl who is brought to the convent Marina's staying when her parents died. She is a talented painter and befriends Marina quickly. She helps her find her chest. Soon it is revealed that Ella isn't who she claims to be.
- Crayton - First mistaken to be a mogadorian by Marina but soon to be revealed as a good guy. He is another loric and helps Marina escape from the mogadorians when they attack the convent.
- Héctor Ricardo - Marina's only human friend in Santa Teresa and was the town's drunk. He later help her escape the mogs in the climax and was killed.
- Carlotta Ricardo - Mother of Hector. She was suffering from Parkinsons diesease. Marina cured her when she found out her legacy can heal people.
- Setrákus Ra - The great Mogadorians leader. He is seen by Four in visions, and arrives on Earth at the climax of the book.
- Sister Dora - A sister in the convent where Number Seven and her cepan is hiding.
- Henri - Four's deceased Cepan, who died in the previous book which had a large effect on John throughout most of the book He appeared briefly in a flashback when John read his letter.
- Katarina - Six's deceased Cepan. She was killed when she and Six were caught by the mogs.
Four is confused about his feelings for both Sarah and Number Six, this leads to Four explaining his feeling to, Sarah after he tells Sarah the truth, she punches him right across the face and she says "hahahahhahahahahahahhaha" and then a Mogadorian shoots Sarah, It is a tragic death. Both him and Sam start to train with Six while managing to elude the police, with some very close calls. They arrive to the conclusion that the Mogadorians have found a way to open Six's Chest when, after opening Four's, they are ambushed. Four reads Henri's letter and finds out that the Nine Garde children were chosen by their home planet, Lorien, as the next generation of Elders. It is also revealed that Malcolm Goode, Sam's father, had been one of the humans to welcome them to Earth when they had first arrived.
After reading the letter Sam gets the idea that his father has left him a clue back in Paradise in the well near his house. They go back and retrieve a white tablet. It's dead. They are attacked by the Mogadorians and the Mogadorians take Four's Chest. Six remains to fight the Mogadorians and Four goes to take it back, but falters when he finds out that his quest has brought him near Sarah's house and meets with her. She apparently calls the police and both he and Sam get arrested. Six helps them escape, then announces that she had found out that a Garde is in Spain and goes to help while Four takes Sam to retrieve his and Six's Chests and to look for Sam's father at a Mogadorian hiding place where Six had previously been held. Six kisses both Sam and John, confessing love for both of them then gives Sam an address for a rendezvous place in two weeks time. They split in West Virginia.
Four uses the Xitharis to share Six's power and manages to find the chest before it expires. They find Number Nine, but Four loses sight of Sam in the commotion and escapes narrowly before a force field is erected at the entrance to the Mogadorian cave trapping Sam inside. They see Setrakus Ra outside the cave and he is wearing 3 Lorien pendants. Nine knows they are no match for him and gets John away from the cave. They find out that Nine also has the ability to talk to animals.
Seven's Narration Edit
Number Seven, known as Marina, and her Cêpan, Adelina, live at the Santa Teresa convent, in Spain. Adelina had taken Marina there after recognizing her poor adaptation skills and remained there after her hardships made her lose faith in the salvation of Lorien. Annoyed by Adelina's attitude, Marina has been searching for the now legendary Number Four in order to unite the Garde. She befriends a human named Hector Ricardo who is the town drunk. He is Marina's only friend until Ella arrives in the convent.
Ella is a seven-year-old named orphan and is brought into the convent, Marina instantly becomes good friends with her. Ella helps her find her Chest and Marina drugs Adelina to open it. When she does they are tracked down by the Mogadorians and barely escape. Adelina finally acknowledges her wrongs and sacrifices her life to save Marina. On the run Marina and Ella meet a Loric named Crayton who explains that Ella is the Tenth Loric child and an Aeternus, someone who is able to change her age. Crayton says he is somewhat of a Cêpan to Ella, although he was never officially appointed. They meet with Six and kill their pursuers. Marina's best friend Hector Ricardo is killed trying to save Marina, and she does not get there in time to heal him.
- The book appears to be named after Henri's last words: "Six... the power of..." This is only a theory though. I think lol but idk
The Power of Six has received mixed reviews from critics. Kirkus Reviews wrote "Straight to blockbuster without any stops for character development, world building or internal logic along the way."
After the release of the movie adaptation of I am Number Four, there were rumors of a sequel and Caruso confirmed his interest in returning to direct.
The author refrained from confirming whether a sequel was in the works and directed fans to ask producer Michael Bay about future film installments.
There are Campaign sites going around with petition demands to Bay for a film of The Power of Six.
There is also a few petitions for a Power of Six movie. Also, a website, created by User: Mcoury, about the Lorien Legacies shows a Power of Six movie under the movies category.
- ↑ Power of Six review Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- ↑ Bring Back Number Four - Take Us Back To The Lorien Legacies! I Am Number Four petition on Change.org